those in need
The Alliance for Community Services brings together people that depend on human services, front-line public service workers -- the real experts on how our Human Services system works -- to "put the HUMAN into services".
Together, we call for:
* health care and human services for all
* person-centered, fully staffed and accountable human service offices
* progressive revenue to fully fund a social safety net Illinois can be proud of.
The People Project
The non-profit sponsor of the Alliance, dedicated to helping people turn a passion for justice into the power to change the world.
Taking action for cleaner, safer service offices
Sign the Petition!
Let’s put "Human" back in Services
The Alliance brings together people with disabilities, low income families and front-line service workers to resist threats, identify common ground and put the 'Human' back in Human services.
More than 3 Million people in Illinois depend on Medicaid and other Human Services for basic medical care and food. Click here to learn more about our Campaigns and Volunteer opportunity.
for YOUR RIGHTS
Northside Action for Justice
AFSCME Locals 2858, 2806, 3506
Southside Together Organizing for Power
Two State actions:
1) Restore North Lakefront Services
Click here to add your name to the open letter from community leaders, urging re-opening of a Human Services office for the diverse communities of Uptown, Rogers Park, Edgwater areas.
2) Tell Gov. Pritzker to fix the DHS computer glitches causing wrongful loss of Medicaid and food stamps, and hire enough staff to do the work. (847) 957-7838 (business hours only)